data1.io uses a java based spreadsheet which is compatible with MS Excel, therefore Excel files can be uploaded into data1.io and used as frontend for the collector users.
Unfortunately, not all functions from MS Excel are supported in the data1.io Web Client. This is the list of the (known) unsupported Excel functions:
- Grouping of rows and columns (+/- icons)
- Charts and probably Sparklines
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- The newer Excel formula functions
- Entry of formulas
a. Cell references in the formula editor cannot be set by clicking the requested cell
b. Formulas cannot be copied by pulling the green right bottom corner
- Adhoc aggregations (sum, average, count) in the status bar for the marked cells
- Images sometimes are not rendered
Furthermore there a issues that can be handled:
- Named Ranges should not use umlaut like ä, ö, ü, etc.
If you use such a named range as reference for a dropdown field it will not work properly. Simply use englisch names for named ranges.
- Problems with the calculation of the INDEX() formula function and ARRAY() formula functions
There is a known issue that the INDEX() formula function is not calculated when referencing a table object (e.g. a dynamic table). The same happens with ARRAY() formula functions which are not calculated. For this issue we have introduced the command "data1_Recalculate" to trigger a recalculation of the workbook and get the results of those formulas.
Furthermore - probably not surprisingly - Macros, VBA Code, Power Queries and Power Pivot Datamodels are not supported.
In some cases the height of a row can be changed.