In every data1.io application 4 types of Workflow e-mails are available:
- INVITATION = sent once after triggered manually by the Collector Manager (not before the date defined in "Write Allowed From")
REMINDER = sent periodically according to the e-mail frequency setting if the INVITATION E-Mail was sent either until the "Write Allowed Until" date is reached or until a collector user has finished his/her workflow
COMPLETED = sent once within 10 minutes after a collector user has finished his/her workflow
NOT COMPLETED = sent once on the "Write Allowed Until" date if a collector user has not finished his/her workflow
The content of each e-mail type can be configured in the Workflow settings:
- Sent e-mail (demo)
If and when a Workflow e-mail is sent depends on the following information:
- The INVITATION e-mails are sent immediately after pressing the button "Send Invitation E-Mails now!" by the Collection Manager
Please note that the INVITATION e-mail should not be sent earlier than the "Write Allowed From" datetime since your collector users would not be able to connect to the application. Please note that the INVITATION e-mails are sent immediately every time you press the button (so you are able to send an update e-mail if you made a mistake in the initial mail).
- REMINDER and (NOT) COMPLETED e-mails are sent only to users who have already got an INVITATION e-mail in the time frame between the WRITE-From and WRITE-Until dates in the Workflow Definition
- REMINDER and (NOT) COMPLETED E-Mails are sent only if the e-mail distribution in a workflow is activated
- REMINDER and (NOT) COMPLETED e-mails are sent only if the same E-Mail Type for this user/workflow cannot be found in the "Sent E-Mail Journal"
That means: COMPLETED and NOT COMPLETED E-Mails are sent only once for a specific user in a specific workflow. The REMINDER E-Mails are sent only if a INVITATION E-Mail already exists in the journal for this user and if a REMINDER E-Mail does not already exist in the journal for this week or this day for a user/workflow.
These rules are important if you add a user in a running workflow: on the day of adding you must trigger the submission of the INVITATION e-mail and the REMINDER e-mails will follow automatically also for this new users.
These rules are also important if you change the workflow settings e.g. for the Send Time in a running workflow: if the REMINDER e-mails are already sent on a specific day, changing the Send Time to later will not cause a second REMINDER e-mail on this day.
- REMINDER e-mails are sent at the time specified in the Workflow configuration
More exactly, a timer checks every ten minutes (starting at 00) if the current daytime is higher than the specified Send Time. If yes - and rules #2 to #4 are fulfilled - the REMINDER e-mails will be sent for a user/workflow.
An Example: if you had specified a Send Time "3:00 PM" and it is 11:03 AM now and you change the send Time to 09:00 AM then the relevant Workflow E-Mails will be sent at 11:10.
You can always check which Workflow E-Mails were actually sent with the E-Mail Journal: