To use data1.io you need:
- the right Excel version
- an active internet connection
- the registration of your data1.io Account
- the data1.io Excel Add-In (see Step 2)
- a data1.io Template File (see Step 3)
1. The right Excel version: availability of Excel Web Add-Ins
Excel Web Add-Ins are available in the following versions:
- Excel for Windows Desktop (>= Excel 2013 SP1)
- Excel Online
- Excel for Mac
- Excel for the iPad
2. Active internet connection
data1.io is a cloud-based service which works only online, therefore an active internet connection is a precondition to use the service. We recommend
- Download speed >= 10 Mbps
- Upload speed >= 4 Mbps
The service can also be used with slower connections, but in this case we cannot guarantee user satisfaction.
3. Register your data1.io Account
Although it`s also possible to register in the Excel Web Add-In we recommend to do the registration in the data1.io Web App. Press the Create an account button:
Fill in the short registration form and click Create Account:
You`ll be logged into the data1.io Cloud Service automatically after registration ...
... and find yourself in this Getting Started :)
In this first step an account is created which can be used to explore the data1.io showcases. After successfully finishing the 4 assignments of the Getting Started you can request a FREE plan to create your first own application for modern data collection in your company.